New Ant Bait
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Iain

United Kingdom
772 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2009 :  14:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maxforce Quantum bait for ants will shortly become available.

Based on imadacloprid, it has been specially developed to be attractive to Pharoah's Ants, Ghost Ants, Black Ants and even Argentine Ants.

Since we lost the Gourmet Ant baits to the BPD last August, the industry has few options suitable for either Ghost Ants - an increasingly important pest, especially in London - or the common Black Ant. This new bait from Bayer will therefore be very welcome.

Many pest controllers will be used to using baits against Pharoahs and Ghosts. They may not be so used to using baits against Black Ants. Provided your clients are prepared for the treatment to take a while to act the big benefit to them will be the likelihood of freedom from ants for several years.

I used to suffer from Black Ants in my home, every year, until I baited with Gourmet Ant Bait 3 years ago. Since then, nothing. If Magnum Quantum acts in a similar way, then this will be a very useful tool, especially in sensitive premises where spraying is not an acceptable option.

Use Biocides Safely - Always Read the Label

Iain

United Kingdom
772 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  14:28:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More information can be obtained from here:

[url]http://www.pestcontrol-expert.com/bayer/cropscience/bespestcontrol.nsf/id/EN_Maxforce_Quantum[/url]

First stock is expected mid May 2009.
Go to Top of Page

Iain

United Kingdom
772 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2009 :  10:34:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maxforce Quantum has just arrived....! ;D

We had a very interesting presentation on the product yesterday at our Shuttleworth 'Training Day'. Afterwards I heard a number of very interested pesties talking about it.

Only one negative question was raised - would we get enough stock in to meet demand....!?

Best get your orders in quick....! 8)

One slide was particularly interesting, as it showed one tube of Quantum next to the equivalent quantity of its Pharoah's Ant competitor, which was 75 bait stations.....

I am sure you can work out the maths on that yourselves, but suddenly the 31.80 + VAT per tube for Quantum looks decidedly good value for money - even if you do need to buy 4 tubes at a time.

Add to that the 1 - 2 weeks claimed for nest eradication of Pharoahs, plus the unique Approvals for Use against Garden Ants, Ghost Ants and Argentine Ants and you have a very, very interesting product.

Please form an orderly queue!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pest Control Forum © Pest Control Portal. Always read the Label. Use Pesticides Safely. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000