CERTIS - Online Marketplace
 Luxan Topex and Talunex
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Helen

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2006 :  11:00:05  Show Profile  Visit Helen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[img]http://www.luxan.co.uk/_SW3Gallery/talapplicator.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.luxan.co.uk/_SW3Gallery/talaapplong.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.luxan.co.uk/_SW3Gallery/talaapp2.gif[/img]

* Ensures maximum operator safety using an enclosed system
* Provides fast, efficient application of ‘Luxan Talunex’
* Unique trigger-operated mechanism
* Complete with sealed carrying case
* ‘Talunex’ flask screws on directly, and is an integral part of the applicator

Talunex flasks contain 160 pellets

The Topex and Talunex system offers both effectiveness and safety together with fast application time for the control of rabbit, rat and mole problems.

The Topex applicator is unique in that the flask of Talunex pellets is attached directly on to the applicator with minimum operator exposure, it also has a very easy lever trigger action. The equipment supplied also includes a metal probe and a strong rigid carrying case which has a neoprene seal in the lid; particularly important for transporting the applicator after use, if it has been contaminated with the product.

SPARE PARTS ARE AVAILABLE
Lids
Dibbers
Triggers
Barrels

http://www.luxan.co.uk/Content_Pests/NewsItem.asp?msid=156

FOR USE ONLT IN RAT, RABBIT AND MOLE CONTROL BY PERSONS INSTRUCTED OR TRAINED IN THE USE OF ALUMINIUM PHOSPHIDE

ALWAYS READ THE LABEL: USE PESTICIDES SAFELY

Helen
Luxan(UK)Ltd

NickA
Hyperactive Member

United Kingdom
1524 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2006 :  21:43:28  Show Profile  Visit NickA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Helen, good bit of kit.
Also as an engineering device saves on some parts of PPE and RPE.

Prevention for protection
Go to Top of Page

ABPest

United Kingdom
485 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  21:50:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Helen, excuse my naivity.....

Why is Talunex only available in tubes of 160 pellets?

Would it not be sensible to have smaller amounts to reduce the risk of pesties resealing the tubes?

Best wishes,

Adrian.
Go to Top of Page

Helen

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2006 :  11:12:44  Show Profile  Visit Helen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Adrian
I am assuming that you say this because of domestic mole work
The tubes contain this many pellets because it is a full tube.The current flask allows the user to gas:
Moles = maximum of 80 gas points.
Rabbits = 32 - 40 burows.
Rats = 160 - 80 burrows.

For rabbit work many complain that the flask is too small. It is difficult to please everyone and every job.
How many people would want a smaller flask? How many pellets would you want in a flask?

Helen
Luxan(UK)Ltd
Go to Top of Page

ABPest

United Kingdom
485 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2006 :  16:02:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Helen,

As I said, I am naive regarding Talunex. But it seems logical to me that if PCOs are resealing tubes ( as evidenced on the above thread) ,that it should be marketed in smaller quantities. EG 60.

This would remove the risk for PCOs carrying out dangerous activities. Small jobs, flasks with less in.

Would it be expensive to relabel as such?

Adrian.
Go to Top of Page

Helen

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2006 :  10:00:46  Show Profile  Visit Helen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is not just the case of relabelling there are other issues which i will look into, one of these is we would probably have to run with 2 products.

Helen
Luxan(UK)Ltd
Go to Top of Page

pestguard1

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2006 :  17:07:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helen

It is not just the case of relabelling there are other issues which i will look into, one of these is we would probably have to run with 2 products.

Helen
Luxan(UK)Ltd

Helen!

Can you get a screw on top for the aplicator for after it has been used ..............??????/
even though I have the carry case for aplicator , there is still residue in the tube aplicator ....and I can smell the gas in the vehical

Brian

I just found a cap that fits the top of applicator off a can of WD-40 ....it fits perfectly ......and it`s cheep.

Edited by - pestguard1 on 12 Oct 2006 17:27:22
Go to Top of Page

Gamekeeper

United Kingdom
372 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2006 :  10:02:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been involved, in the past, in rabbit control on the railway embankments. In this instance Helen is absolutely right - 160 tablets means we are not forever fiddling about changing cartridges. I would agree with PG1 as well, we too experience the "wabbit wiff" because of not being able to seal the applicator in anything other than the carrying case

Other things of note; the toenail at the end of the applicator shaft to prevent clogging lasts about a day and the tablets readilly clog up in the loading chamber

Fid Def

Edited by - Gamekeeper on 13 Oct 2006 10:10:45
Go to Top of Page

Helen

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2006 :  12:24:46  Show Profile  Visit Helen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gamekeeper
How do you manage to block your flippa at the end of the applicator? I hope you don't put this inside the mole tunnels or hills.

Helen
Luxan(UK)Ltd
Go to Top of Page

Gamekeeper

United Kingdom
372 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2006 :  12:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Helen

This is doing rabbits and, because of the huge amounts of scrapes they make a certain amount of prodding is required on occassion to make sure you are not just dropping pellets into a scrape

Simon

Fid Def
Go to Top of Page

James@Scarborough
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2007 :  00:31:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been using the Talunex/Topex system now for almost a year, and I find that the main problem (apart from the smell!) is the applicator jamming and breaking pellets. Otherwise it is a very good system, and very effective. The seal on the applicator case could be better.

WWW.HUNTERWORLD.CO.UK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pest Control Forum © Pest Control Portal. Always read the Label. Use Pesticides Safely. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000